Sunday, February 5, 2017

Food For Thought: The Bright Morning Star Is Jesus

Food for thought on Bible translations. If you look through the Sure Hope Gazette, you will see there have been times where I struggle with whether or not there is an english Bible translation that is ordained by God, and others are not ordained or basically approved, by God. Being someone who struggles with old english, like Shakespeare's work, I all my past twenty five years I used the modern paraphrases and translations only because it was was for me to understand. But in the last 8 years or so, it came to our (my husband as well) attention that there is a huge difference between the Authorized King James Version and so far, every single other translation published in the last two hundred years. For a year or so I had concluded the KJV was definitely something special, there was no denying that other translations, NASB, ESV and NIV included. My husband is still adhering to the King James translation, but when I read the New Living Translation it just felt like I understood it so much easier. So I justified ditching all I had concluded about  the KJV and embraced the "it doesn't really matter attitude."
Well, we just watched an excellent sermon by Pastor Charles Lawson and I was convicted about my attitude. And now I need to reconsider my "easy way out," stance. For me reading old english is like doing mathematics, but if there really is an english translation that has God's seal of approval, then, He will help me to understand and see what He wants. Just wanted to share this with you.

Since my words can not do Pastor Lawson's message any justice, please watch for yourself. We highly recommend watching the series of messages and other very pertinent ones,  under the playlists on their YT channel. The one below was from a series about Lucifer/Satan.


What caught my attention was what he said regarding modern translations that refer to Lucifer as Morning Star, when Jesus Christ is The Morning Star.  Take a look. I didn't include all there is on the subject, but I highly recommend researching and praying. There is plenty about the differences in many many areas.

Click here to see the Chick Publication response on this discrepancy between the KJV and all the other modern translations:
" Any translation that says "day star" or "morning star" or "star of the morning" in Isaiah 14:12, like most modern perversions, is bringing confusion. And God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33). Many people reading the modern perversions end up asking, "If Lucifer is the morning star and Jesus is the morning star, then is Lucifer Jesus?" The modern translations are simply not clear!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment or send questions: